Originally published: November 2016 at – https://we-are-low-profile.com/~wearelow/jamboree-1-plymouth/
One year on, the Jamboree #1 cohort have been busy making the most of their new connections, insights and understanding in a range of different ways, including field-trips, studio visits, meet-ups, exhibitions, new opportunities & residencies.
- Marcy Saude became a member of BEEF (a film and sound collective supporting experimental practice in Bristol)
- Ryan Curtis had an exhibition with Richard Fox & Emily Tilzey at East Bristol Contemporary
- Norm Buchan secured a PAC Home Project Grant and invited Emmie Mcluskey & Jamie Kane to take part in a group show he organised for Plymouth Art Weekender
- Laura Philips showed her work alongside Georgia Gendall, Jaf Yusuf, Anya Stewart-Maggs & Mayra Martin Ganzinotti at East Bristol Contemporary
- Laurie Lax made and showed new work for a group exhibition at STRYX (an artist-led space in Birmingham)
- Norm Buchan, Jamie Kane & Beth Kettel did Instagram Residencies with EBC… and the list goes on!